1. STAR RATING
Higher star rating cost you higher initially but save money on your electricity bill in the long run. compression technology in AC also contributes to energy consumption
2. INVERTER OR NON INVERTER
If you are looking for a smarter AC that gives you consistent cooling in very efficient manner then Inverter AC is worth buying into.
Advantages of Inverter Air conditioner
- Reduced electricity bill – Inverter Air conditioner consumes less power.
- consistent cooling – The compressor varies its speed for optimum cooling.
- long lasting – with lesser load on compressor you can expect a long lifespan.
3. ALUMINIUM OR COOPER CONDENSER
Air Conditioner condensers use coils to cool the air.cooper coils are most popular as they cool faster,easy to maintain and have longer lifespan. Cooper coils are bit expensive.
4. window or split air conditioner
Benefits of split Air conditioner
- substantial saving due to lower energy consumption.
- Makes less noise as compressor and condenser are located outside.
Benifits of window Air conditioner
- Economical price then split ac.
- Easier to install when compared to split Ac.
- Does’t occupy internal wall space
Most frequent questions and answers
If you buy an AC with a lower than required capacity then it will consume more energy to provide the requisite cooling. So it will increase the electricity consumption and also decrease the life span of the device.
Then divide it by 600 to get the basic capacity. So, if you room is 100 sq. feet, the basic AC capacity required will be 0.167 tons (100 / 600). Now, you need to add 0.5 ton to the basic capacity for every five people in the room. Ordinarily, an AC of 0.8-ton capacity will work just fine for a 100 sq. ft room .
Few factors you should keep in mind.
- If you stay near places where summers usually cross 45 degrees, you need consider adding 0.5 ton extra for effective cooling
- if you stay on the top floor of your building,or your room is in heavy sun exposure, it is advisable to increase capacity by 10%.
- if your room is near kitchen then consider buying a little higher tonnage.
The basic difference between a 3 star and a 5 starwindow air conditioner is power consumption.You might know that 5 star window air conditioners have an EER of 3.3 and above, while 3 star window air conditioners have an EER of 2.9 to 3.09. It consumes up to 25-30% less energy as compared to a 3 star air conditioner unit.
you can buy a 3 star Air conditioner if you use your air conditioner for 3-4 hours a day otherwise go with a 5 star Air conditioner
The basic diffrence between window air conditioner and split air conditioner is that ,window air conditioner comes with one unit and split ac comes with two units.
- split air conditioner looks good as compared to windows air conditioner.
- for installation of window air conditioner there should be a window in your room.
- windows Air conditioners are little less expansive then the split Air conditioners.
I recommand you to buy inverter Air conditioner over non inverter air conditioner.
But again if you use air conditioner for 3-4 hours a day then buying non-inverter air conditioner is profitable.
- Clean around outdoor condenser unit
- Vacuum indoor vents and keep vents unblocked
- Keep lamps and other heat producing appliances away
- Keep curtains and blinds closed
The biggest difference between inverter and non-inverter Air conditioner is the fact that the motor of the inverter compressor has a variable speed. The speed of the non-invertor compressor is fixed. This means that it operates either at full or minimum speed. A censor in the invertor adjusts the power according to the temperature in the room, lowering the electrical consumption and saving energy.
- Noise of inverter air conditioner is less.
- power consumption of inverter ac is low.
- price of inverter air conditioner is high.
A ton is the cooling capacity of an air conditioning system. One ton is equal to the amount of cooling produced by 1 ton ice (288,000 Btu) t in a 24-hour period. A one-ton air conditioner is rated at 12,000 Btu per hour (288,000/24)
THe EER(energy efficiency rating) is the amount of cooling a air conditioner can provide in a certain amount of power. 1 star rating is lower rating and 5 star is high.
A 5 star Ac works in a most efficient manner .
It is very harder to tell any best ac without knowing one’s requirement.
we made this comprehensive list ,it will surely help you.
if not then fell free to comment below with your queries.